February is here and if your head is still spinning and you are wondering where January went--do not fret!
I want you to think about February as a time to build up your marriage. Over time, marriages can weaken and need tending to and strengthening. Weeds can grow and the garden of marriage must be cultivated and cared for-- even more now than in the beginning.
Now instead of giving you a list of 100 things you can do to spark up your marriage, I am going to ask you to do something else instead.
For us Christian women, powerful change begins when we get on our knees. In prayer.
Busy lives and schedules prevent us from this vital part of our marriage, but we need to lay our marriages at the feet of Jesus, whether we are going through hard times or good.
1. A Strengthened Bond--a relationship that no one and no thing can permeate. Not sin, Satan, temptation or anything else!
2. For Love to Abound- Not the love that the world talks of and not the love we see advertised on romanticized in movies; but the love that we have such a hard time understand at times. "Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails...
3. Release: Giving to God your struggles and hardships and all the "little foxes" that tend to ruin the vine. Perhaps you have been irritated with you husband or angry with him. Perhaps he has not kept his promises or has let you down. Bring that to Jesus and forgive him. Sometimes that can be the hardest thing to do but you need to start somewhere---if you don't the root of bitterness can grow quickly like a poison.
4. For His Wisdom--Marriage can bring much happiness and along with that many trials. We need God's great wisdom to direct us through the choppy waters of life. We can't do this on our own, we are weak in our flesh and need His strength and refreshing to carry on.
5. For Your Husband--to be the godly man the Lord is calling him to be. For him to be obedient and courageous in his role ass He provides, protects and shepherds his family on a daily basis. That God would protect his heart and mind out in the workplace and that He would have an undivided devoted heart for the Lord.
6. For You as His wife--To fully "love" our husbands and sacrifice our wants and needs daily to put him first (after God). Husbands can get lost and neglected in the chaos of raising children, we need to take extra effort to nurture our marriages. We need to have obedient hearts to the Lord in respecting and submitting to our husbands--and I am not just talking about outward conformity but what is going on in the heart as well. We also need to guard our hearts, taking all thoughts captive to Jesus Christ and be sober- not unwittingly tearing down our homes.
Will you bring your marriage to feet of God Himself? I pray that you do!
Now please join me in our weekly link-up:
If you have a post you would like to share regarding the topic above or that has to do with building up your home, homemaking, character, hospitality, femininity, family, tea, organization, etc. we would love to have you share it with us! You are welcomed to post more than one post.
When you link up here please use the image below to let others know that you have linked up here so that they might join in the fun and be encouraged as well:
Are you encouraged here? I personally invite you to subscribe and get the latest posts sent to your inbox. Also, connect with us on Facebook and Twitter and get updates that are not posted here on the blog.
Also, don't forget to join us for our Facebook Party on Feb. 7th!
We are giving away hundreds of dollars of prizes!